Visitors 56
Modified 18-Jan-13
Created 7-Apr-12
21 photos

St-Nicholas Cathedral, built between 1283 and 1490, is the seat of the Bishop of the Diocese of Fribourg, Geneva and Lausanne.
The tiny Chapel of Ste. Sepulchre contains a sandstone sculpture, The Burial of Christ, carved in 1433.
Light through the modern stained glass windows bathes the sculpture in an eerie blue light.

Categories & Keywords
Category:Travel and Places
Subcategory:Europe
Subcategory Detail:Switzerland
Keywords:Ste., Cathedral, Fribourg, Sepulchre, St. Nicolas Cathedral, Swiss Church